Saturday, October 4, 2014

In Memoriam

Today was Matthew Paul's memorial service. I want to thank everyone who came. It was very nice to see friends and family come to support us.

At the service, I read a letter I wrote to Matthew. I would like to share it with you all here.


"To my beautiful son-
   When we found out we were pregnant with you, I was so scared. Scared about how my life would change, but mostly scared about if I would be a good mother. These fears seem so far away now.
   
   Even though we could not keep you for long, we love you so much. We were so excited to raise you, see your first steps, read you bedtime stories, and so much more. We don't know why God decided it was time for you to go to Heaven, but I know that you are much happier there than you would be here. We take comfort in knowing that, no matter how much I want you in my arms, that you are far more loved and cared for in the arms of our Father.

   Please know that if I could have done anything to save you, I would have. I would have taken any medicine, had any surgery, or have done anything the doctor said if it meant I could hold you in my arms again. You are such a precious child and your Mommy and Daddy miss you and think of you every day. You will never be forgotten. 

   We thank God you were in our lives, even for such a short time. We would never trade that time for anything else in the world. We love you, Matthew Paul and our hearts ache for the day we will hold you in our arms again."




No comments:

Post a Comment