Saturday, October 4, 2014

One Week

My son died a week ago today. Well, technically I'm a few minutes late, but it has been on my mind all day. I don't know the exact time he died, but by noon there was no heartbeat.

I have loved having visitors and I even went out and got a pedicure today (thanks to Amanda Minnie!). But at the end of each day I still have a Matthew-sized hole in my heart that will never be filled by anyone else. As I go through his pictures my heart still aches for my son. I clutch his blanket and teddy bear as tight as I can and weep. No matter how good the day is, the night always brings sadness and tears.

Tomorrow (October 4th) is my baby's memorial service. It will be at 5pm at Redeeming Grace Baptist Church. I would be honored to have any of you come.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah & Matt,

    My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Just know you are loved and you only have to face one step at a time.

    Cindy Isner Weeks

    ReplyDelete